Polyethylene (PE) Pipes for Pressurized Water Supply
Having a wide range of applications, polyethylene (PE) pipes are commonly used by farmers and executors of water transmission and pressurized irrigation projects. Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co. produces PE pipes made of premium quality PE100 and PE80 as raw materials procured from domestic petrochemical factories. Manufactured according to the Iranian National Standard 14427‑2 and the international DIN 8074, these pipes are used in irrigation and water supply systems and come in 16–250 mm external diameters as rolls or sections with nominal pressure grades PN4–PN25 bar.
Certificates and Benefits of Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
– High‑quality products complying with the Iranian National Standard 14427‑2
– Certificate of standard PE100 and PE80 pipe production
– Well‑equipped quality control laboratory; 14427‑2 and ISO 9001‑2008 certified
– Up‑to‑date machinery equipped with gravimetric systems on all production lines
– Expert staff and experienced personnel
– Offering pipe rolls and pipe sections
– Capability of winding pipe rolls of various lengths
Advantages of PE100 Raw Materials
PE100 is one of the latest and superior polyethylene raw materials with unique physical and functional properties. With its higher density and lower weight and thickness, a PE100 product can withstand higher pressures. PE100 practically eliminates the problems associate with polyethylene pipes and fittings, thanks to its anti‑UV properties. The PE100 grade of PE pipes is much lighter and stronger than other PE grades, which makes it an economical choice for pipe production. A PE pipe made of this material is lighter compared with the same pipe made of lower grade materials (PE80).
The advantages of PE100 compared with previous grades can be summarized as follows:
- Higher strength and hence, a thinner product and lower associated costs; higher outlet flow rate with the same nominal pressure compared with PE80
- Higher hydrostatic strength compared with PE80
- High resistance against slow crack growth
- High resistance against rapid crack growth
Advantages of PE Pipes Made by Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
- Heat/cold resistance
- Pressure, impact, and abrasion resistance
- Resistance to degradation and chemical corrosion
- Durability in sunlight
- UV and IR resistance
- Excellent resistance against earthquake‑induced vibrations
- Pipe rolls and sections available
- Long rust‑free life
- Installation over uneven terrain
- Effortless fast installation and easy transportation
- Compatibility with various types of fittings
- High strength and flexibility; capability to withstand tensile and compressive stresses
- Low repair and maintenance costs
Applications of PE Pipes Made by Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
- Urban and rural water supply and sewer networks
- Urban and rural gas transmission networks
- Pressurized irrigation networks, moving (micro and overhead) irrigation systems
- Fluid‑carrying lines in factory processes
- Industrial cold water lines (in refineries, petrochemical factories, and power plants)
- Fire extinguishing networks — firefighting pipes
- High‑pressure main lines
- Hard and sea water transmission lines
- Dredging pipes
- Conduits for telecommunication lines, optical fibers, and electrical cables
- Protective covers for metal pipes
- Petrochemical product transmission lines
PE Pipe Inspection Tests
Density measurement; melt flow rate (MFR) test; soot percentage measurement; soot dispersion test; thermally induced longitudinal contraction test; hydrostatic pressure test; fracture test; oxidation induction time (OIT) measurement to check for thermal stability; tensile strength measurement.