Sewage PE Pipes
Single‑ply PE pipes are also used for collection and transmission of urban and suburban sewage, surface runoff, and industrial waste. The single‑ply PE pipes made by Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co. can be produced for gravity and high‑pressure urban and industrial sewer systems and surface runoff and waste collection networks depending on the application, implementation conditions, and customer’s demand. These products are made of quality PE100 and PE80 raw materials using the best machinery and modern technologies according to the Iranian National Standard 14427‑2 (and the internationally accepted German standard DIN 8074). The company’s 50–250 mm diameter single‑ply PE pipes in 6 m and 12 m sections in PN4 and PN6 atm pressure grades are used for gravity sewerage; the pipes with the higher pressure grades PN10 and PN16 are used for pumped transmission of sewage and waste water. It is worth noting that these pipes can be connected through butt welding. If butt welds are used, all the fittings including elbows, 3‑way connectors, expansion joints, adapters, and check valves should also be of the same type of polyethylene as the pipes.
Certificates and Benefits of Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
- High‑quality products complying with the Iranian National Standard 14427‑2
- Certificate of standard PE100 and PE80 pipe production
- Well‑equipped quality control laboratory; 14427‑2 and ISO 9001‑2008 certified
- Up‑to‑date machinery equipped with gravimetric systems on all production lines
- Expert staff and experienced personnel
- Offering pipe rolls and pipe sections
Technical Specifications of Sewage Single‑Ply PE Pipes with 1.25 Factor of Safety Based on the Iranian National Standard INSO 14427‑2 (DIN 8074)
Please note that PE80 and PE100 products are not recommended for continuously pressurized applications for carrying liquids including sewage and industrial waste above 70°C or gases above 30°C. PE100 has a number of advantages over PE80 in low‑temperature applications as it is much more crack resistant at temperatures up to 30°C.
Advantages of Sewage PE Pipes Made by Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
Resistance to corrosion from exposure to air moisture is the first and foremost source of concern for project executors when they use sewage PE pipes in installations and urban and suburban infrastructures. Other advantages of PE pipes include their resistance to degradation and impact, and flexibility when running through different routes in various projects. Non‑PE pipes are heavy and therefore introduce a number of problems with storage, transportation, and usage. PE however is very light weight and also resistant to stresses resulting from earthquake or landslide.
Another source of concern with underground sewers is the type of pipe connections, which should be leakage‑free. The high‑strength impenetrable PE pipe fittings are best suited for the purpose. These pipes are resistant against UV radiation from sunlight and have very low deterioration rate and repair costs, all to the benefit of project executors.
Advantages of Sewage PE Pipes
- No need for adhesion or O‑ring connections; the pipes are welded together through butt fusion
- No need for special equipment; a PE welding apparatus is used for installation
- Resistance against corrosion, abrasion, sedimentation, and sewage gases
- High resistance against bacterial and fungal growth on the internal surface
- High strength and flexibility and resistance against tensile and compressive stresses
- UV and IR resistance
- Reasonable chemical resistance
- Butt welded connections
- Leakage‑free joints
- Effortless installation
- Light weight material
- Minimum 50‑year durability
- Low repair and maintenance costs
Applications of Sewage PE Pipes Made by Khuzestan Hose and Pipe Co.
These pipes are used for collection and transmission of sewage and industrial waste. They can be used in urban and rural sewerage, factory sewer systems, collection of surface runoff, and sewer networks. PE pipes for sewerage: Sewers are important for collecting surface runoff or industrial waste from large industrial complexes as the penetration of fluid waste into the soil can cause irreparable damage to the underground foundations and facilities. The single‑ply PE pipe is also suitable for sewerage. It is used when the sewage is pumped into the pipe system. Thanks to their favorable mechanical properties, sewage PE pipes have become the option of choice for sewer contractors and executors and replaced all the older types of pipe.
- Urban, rural, and industrial sewers
- Collected rain, flood, and waste water transmission lines
- Rain, flood, and surface runoff sewer networks
- Main high‑pressure pumped sewer lines
- Main dredging pipes